Over 400 billion cups of coffee are consumed ever year, coffee is one of the world’s most popular drink. Whether you are a coffee lover or not, there is a big possibility that coffee is available nearby. Coffee is everywhere- home, work, restaurants, street shops and every other place. Indeed, coffee is a normal part of every area of our society and has a very significant role.
For a lot of people it is unthinkable to start the day without coffee. Drank while getting ready or reading the newspaper, coffee remains the first choice for a lot of people to relaxingly start their routines and prepare for the day. The ever-growing number of coffee shops in every corner of the street all around the world is a proof that more and more people enjoy discussing, relaxing, enjoying, laughing and crying over a cup of coffee. In a nutshell, coffee is a way for people to relate to others.
Coffee is undoubtedly a major part of every important business gathering. Regardless of the nature of the business establishment coffee is also present. Many people depend on their caffeine rush to wake up and remain so.
The health impact of coffee has been a controversial topic for a long time. Those who believe that coffee is bad for health have always been on the winning side- until now. Recent studies show that drinking coffee has a positive effect on health. Experts have now confirmed what we all were dying to hear- coffee is far more healthy than harmful. And to confirm this I am going to give you 9 reasons why drinking coffee maybe healthier for you:
- Coffee drinkers have a lower risk of Alzheimer’s: Daily coffee drinkers are at a lower risk of developing Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Some studies show how people who drink coffee are 65% less likely to suffer from dementia.
- Coffee protects against liver cancer: There is increasing evidence that shows how coffee can have a positive effect on the liver and drastically reduce risk of liver cancer. Research shows that drinking two cups of coffee a day lowered the risk of liver cancer by 31%.
- Coffee reduces the risk of Cirrhosis: Cirrhosis is a disorder of the liver caused by chronic liver disease. A study shows that those who drank 4 cups of coffee were 80% less likely to get cirrhosis.
- Coffee drinkers are less likely to get Parkinson’s: The caffeine itself causes lower risks of Parkinson’s.
- Coffee may lower the risk of stroke: An in-depth study with a total of 479, 689 participants revealed that coffee consumption is directly associated with a significant decrease in the risk of stroke.
- Coffee improves the brain function and physical performance: Perhaps the most obvious of them all is this. Many studies have tested the effects of caffeine on brain function and the results cannot be any clearer. Coffee improves memory, vigilance, reaction time, mood and overall functioning of the brain.
- Coffee is the largest source of antioxidants in modern diet. Surprisingly enough outranking both fruit and vegetables combined.
- Coffee is not associated with increased heart disease: Some studies show how coffee has no effect on heart disease; other studies show a mild but statistically significant reductions.
- Coffee may lower the risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Research shows how coffee drinkers have a 23% to 67% lower risk of becoming diabetic. One massive study with over 400 participants revealed that each daily cup of coffee lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes by 7%.
Lets celebrate this good news with a cup of coffee.