No matter how old you are, your gender, your nationality or what you do for a living, as humans we all share one thing in common – desire to succeed. Success is a subjective notion. Success means different things to different people. We don’t all want success with the exact same things.
What does it mean to succeed in life? Does it mean having a good job? Does it mean having a great relationship or perhaps being filthy rich? Even though we don’t want the same things in life, there are some common themes to what succeeding in life means. Success is not something unattainable, it does not come easy. There are a lot of studies published online which give tips on what it takes to achieve more in life.
- Find out what you enjoy doing and do it passion: Psychologist Angela Duckworth carried out a study which found that one important characteristic of success is perseverance. It is having the stamina, passion to stick with your goals, day in, day out, not just for a week, not just for a month but for years.
- Improve your social skills: According to a study conducted by the University of California Santa Barbara, the most successful business people possess social skills and cognitive ability. The people who are smart and socially skillful earn more in today’s work force.
- Be positive: Positive attitude is a result of a balanced life plan supported by the willingness to improve one self. Surround yourself with positive people and protect yourself from those people who bring into your life only negative emotions and thoughts. Optimism is a wonderful feeling which helps to push for success and attract the right people.
- Invest in your relationships: Love is the key to happiness. This was concluded by George Vailant. He carried out a study where he followed the lives of 268 Harvard undergraduate males for decades. He found out that even if a man succeeded in work, is wealthy, and experience good health, without loving relationships he wouldn’t be happy.
- Increase your self- confidence by being pro- active: Success depends on confidence as it does on competence. Taking action is one’s ability to success. And confidence accumulates through hard work, success and even through failure.
Success is about getting all you wanted to have. Success is about achieving your goals and wake up in the morning feeling accomplished rather than defeated. The only thing you need to do to succeed is following what other successful people did.