We all have that one friend on Facebook or Instagram that often posts photos in highly desirable locations on the other side of the world. It first amuses us, then sparks the desire to travel and then we day dream about our next vacation. For those of us who live to travel, it can be sometimes difficult to find someone to travel with. Friends and family are not always available, some are tied because of their jobs while others struggle to save money.
The solution is to go alone. It’s a big decision. It’s challenging. It’s a scary prospect but at the same time it opens a lot of opportunities and it”s a chance for self- discovery. Solo travel can work for anyone, whether you’re in a relationship, single or married.
There are several advantages of travelling solo and I really think that everyone should try it at least once in their life. When you travel alone you can work on your bucket list. You can visit places you always wanted to visit but none of your friends share your interests. If you are an extrovert, travelling alone is the the ideal way to meet locals and make new friends. The key is to remain open minded while of course keeping your well- being in mind. Taking a trip by yourself may seem daunting but once you take the plunge you will realise how empowering it is. If you rarely spend some time alone then you will be surprised how fun it is. A solo trip can be a powerful, introspective and life- changing experience.
But where to go? Which are the best places to travel alone? Prepare your suitcase as these are some of the best travel alone destinations in the world.
- Costa Rica: This is the place for you to be if you are looking for adventure and non- stop adrenaline activities. While before it was known to be an unsafe travel destination, Costa Rica is full of friendly and helpful locals. There is never a chance to feel lonely because there are plenty of adventures to do.
- Alaska: You definitely won’t be the first solo traveler here. Alaska is not a stranger when it comes to welcoming solo travelers, nearly 20% of visitors travel alone.
- Malaysia: Malaysia is known for being a safe, stable and outstanding country. It has beautiful hallmarks of an ideal exotic place for solo travelers. I am sure that your trip will be colourful filled with exhilarating experiences.
- Bali: Bali has it all. It is a spiritual place with yoga, spas, plenty of green spaces and beautiful beaches. The people are super friendly and the rich culture makes it a much number one tourist attraction.
- Thailand: Thailand is the destination where you have plenty of chances to meet other like- minded travelers. It is known for being fairly cheap thus makes it a good destination if you are on a budget.
- Melbourne: Melbourne is also very popular solo travel destination. And this is easy to see because it boasts plenty of beautiful beaches and vibrant city life.
If you are thinking about travelling alone you have to plan in advance. Make sure that you opt for an accommodation with communal areas if you are worried about feeling lonely. Say goodbye to your comfort zone and get ready to discover your true self.