Every girl dreams about having the glowing and flawless skin that she sees in the movies and advertisements. How to have this beautiful skin? How to make it radiant? These are questions that a lot of women ask their skin specialist and dermatologist. Clear glowing skin is every woman’s dream. No one likes having pimples, dark circles, baggy eyes, zits and dark spots.
The majority of people think of the skin as just the body’s outer layer, but doctors consider the skin as an important organ which means that is very much alive and had important duties. Just like any other organ the skin can be healthy or ill. It can be exercised and can wear down with age. There are different skin types and different problems associated with each skin type. Dry skin can get itchy and needs to be constantly hydrated to keep it glowing. On the other hand oily skin is much more prone to pimples and has a greasy texture. Some women are lucky enough to have normal skin, and then there are others who have a combination skin and have to deal with the problems of both dry and oily skin.
If you want to keep your skin and face young and healthy I invite you to read the following tips:
- We all know about the health benefits of drinking water and juices. Aim to drink around 8 glasses of water every day. The water will clear your skin and make it glow as it makes it easier for your body to flush out the toxins quickly. It hydrates the body and eliminates excess oils and dirt. Drink two liters of water every day and you will immediately notice change.
- Healthy proteins and nutritious fruit and vegetables are very important to make your skin look healthy. Taking the right amount of nutrients and vitamins is essential for clear skin. If you want your skin to glow you should select what to eat carefully. Natural protein food such as fish, nuts and white meat, grains such as buckwheat, rice and quinoa, vegetables such as tomatoes, broccoli, carrots and beets are very healthy and good for the skin. As much as possible try to avoid processed and man-made food. We know they are good and tasty but so not healthy for our skin. Try to consume less than 45g food daily and cut down on salty foods. Eating too much salt can make the face look bloated. Eat healthy food to keep your skin glowing and spotless.
- Avoid the sun as much as possible. The sun can be a great source for vitamin D but at the same time the sun can be so strong that it damages the texture of the skin. Over exposure to the sun rays can result in skin cancer. The sun should be avoided at all costs from 10am to 2pm as the sun can get really harsh. It is very important to wear sun screen, I know we heard it so many times but you will be surprised with the amount of people who still don’t despite being aware of the dangers. It is much easier to prevent the damages than try to fix it afterwards.
- Skin hydration is extremely important. I find it extremely helpful to cleanse my skin twice daily. The natural oils produced by the skin are required to nourish and provide beautiful skin. Use cold water to cleanse your skin after washing it as the warm water opens the pores which results into easier access for bacteria and dirt to enter. Cold water will keep the pores closed and prevents material from getting into them.
- We all love make- up and it is the part of the daily routine for the majority of women. It is one of the best ways to enhance our natural features and radiance and provide a stunning and appealing look. The bad news about make- up is that is it full of chemicals that not only harm the skin but increases clogs to the skin pores causing pimples as well as acne. It also increases the growth of yeast on the skin so it is very important to remove the make-up from the skin. No matter how tired you are make it a point to remove all your make up.
- One final tip is to skip the long steamy showers and take shorter cool ones. Long and hot showers strips skin of its moisture and wash away protective oils. So try to limit the amount of time you spend in the shower and keep it as cool as possible.
I really hope you find these tips very helpful and that you get the skin that you always wanted! It only takes a bit of effort and dedication and I promise you that you will get a healthy glowing skin.