If I have to give one piece of advice to students who want to experience more joy in life, I would urge them to travel. By traveling I don’t mean a luxury holiday or pre- planned trips. What I mean is to go somewhere you have never been before with an open schedule. These kind of trips are full of cultural significance that will inspire you and make you appreciate life more.
I find travelling to be wonderful and inspiring in many ways. It captures us with a sense of wanderlust and has us longing for more destinations to visit, cultures to experience, food to eat, and people to meet. For me traveling is an all-consuming passion, my whole life has been geared towards it. This is why I compiled a list of the best reasons why all students should enrich their life with around the world travel.
- To challenge yourself: Traveling will push you in a number of seemingly uncomfortable situations. It will help you develop new skills you didn’t know you had such as reaching the top of a mountain or simply managing to get to a rural village without GPS. These things will allow you develop skills you didn’t know you had.
- To find yourself: Traveling will help you discover a lot you didn’t know about yourself. It is an underrated investment in yourself. With all the newness in your life, you are also opened to new insights. This often helps people find a new purpose of their life. The challenges and opportunities that traveling presents helps you discover yourself in a way that is only possible when traveling. When you travel the true you is rediscovered.
- To learn a new language: There is nothing more satisfying than being able to understand a few words in a language that you didn’t know it existed just a few weeks before.
- To learn: Seeing the world provides a source of education that is absolutely impossible to get in school or any other educational institution. Traveling will provide you with the opportunity to gain infinite knowledge from around the world about culture, people, places and food. This will be the kind of learning that you will never forget.
- To meet new people and make friends from all around the world: Traveling gives you the opportunity to get out and meet new people from every corner of the world. People you meet while traveling will usually become some of the most valued ones in your life. These people give you a glimpse outside your circle of friends and a refreshing perspective about things in life.
- To gain a broader perspective: Travel can open people’s minds and allow them to see things from a completely different perspective. It challenges your assumptions and makes you change the way you look at things because you are faced with different cultures that have a different way of thinking and doing.
- To make memories that last longer than anything else: The memories made while traveling seem to be the ones that people treasure for a lifetime. Memories made will be preserved for a long time.
- To try new food: Everyone loves eating and when you travel you will be constantly surprised at the flavours the world has to offer.
Life is a wonderful gift and as we travel and experience more of the world and life we become overwhelmed with gratitude for all the beautiful moments we experienced. Remember that you only live once, so passing up a chance to travel is equivalent to passing up a life- changing experience.